Remember what I said about mushrooms being important in Polish cuisine? Yeah, well, here comes another mushroom recipe! These mushroom stuffed eggs are really easy to make! We make these every Easter or when we just buy too many mushrooms and need to use them. My sister and I were in charge of making these last Easter and may have overstuffed just a bit as you can see in the picture…nahhhhh.
- 12 eggs
- 2 8oz packages of crimini mushrooms
- 3 tbsp. chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1/4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. butter or olive oil
- Boil 12 eggs until they are hardboiled, which should take about 10 minutes. Let them cool and peel them. Cut them in half lengthwise and then scoop the yolks into a mixing bowl. Set aside the egg whites.
- Grate mushrooms and add to a skilled with 1 tbsp. of butter or olive oil on medium-high heat. Cook for about 15 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Let it cool and then add it to the bowl of egg yolks
- Add yellow mustard, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper and chopped parsley. Mix together until everything is combined. The use a spoon to scoop this mix into the egg whites. Your eggs are ready!