Mmmmmm, homemade chicken noodle soup. Good for the stomach, good for the soul. That’s all you really need to know about this one!
- 5-7 chicken thighs/wings/legs
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 1 parsley root
- 1/2 celery root
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove of garlic
- Angel hair pasta
- Salt, pepper
- Boil half a (large) pot of water. Add chicken to the pot and cook for 10 minutes.
- Chop onion, and heat on a separate pan on medium heat for 7 minutes, until onion begins to soften.
- Chop celery, leek, parsley root, celery root, garlic and slice carrots. Add to the pot of stock along with the softened onions, bay leaf, 1 tsp fresh chopped dill and 1 tsp of fresh chopped parsley. Bring down to medium-high heat, add salt and pepper and let everything cook together for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook desired amount of angel hair pasta separately.
- Once soup has cooked for 50 minutes, remove chicken pieces. You can break up the pieces of chicken and add them back to the soup pot or eat them whole and separately. Add desired amount of pasta to each bowl and add soup along with fresh dill and parsley.